The annual general meeting for our society is here, and once again, we wouldn’t have had such a successful year if it weren’t for all your support! Therefore, this AGM is the perfect opportunity for you to join in and show your commitment to Fairtrade and our society. Two positions are still available – check them out in the post below!
Being part of the Fairtrade Committee is a valuable experience. You will not only get to meet lots of friendly and enthusiastic people from different departments, but also develop a wide range of skills through event-organising and teamwork. These hands-on experiences are things you will never learn from a lecture!
Venue Blackett (Physics) LT1
Date 16th March 2011
Time 12:30pm – 2:00pm
Here are the results from this year’s election. There are still a couple of open positions – it’s not too late to join in!
- Chair Jill Humphries
- Treasurer Olivia Tillbert
- Secretary Still open
- Sponsorship Officer Nicholas Greenwood
- Publicity Officer Wang Bing Qi
- Web Editor Still open
The following positions are available for the committee of 2011/2012:
- Chair Responsible for the smooth running of the society, cooperating with other committee members to manage and organise events to promote Fairtrade, hosting committee meetings and allocating roles for preparation of an event, liaising with the Union/Catering for support to Fairtrade in the form of funding and refreshment provision etc.
- Treasurer Responsible for managing the finance of the entire society, ensure that all transactions are in compliance with the Union’s regulation.
- Secretary Responsible for taking minutes in meetings and distributing to Fairtrade members and mailing lists, assisting President to ensure overall progress of society, dealing with daily tasks e.g.: room booking, contacting other societies.
- Sponsorship Officer Responsible for applying for sponsorship and liaising with sponsors for their support to the ICU Fairtrade Society.
- Publicity Officer Responsible for marketing side of the society. The role includes designing flyers, posters or any advertisement for promotion of events.
- Web Editor Responsible for online promotion of Fairtrade. The role involves updating websites with recent Fairtrade news and events on campus.
Of course, we operate under a one-team policy, meaning you will not be 100% aligned to what you’re offically assigned to.
If you are interested, please email the current president Noor Izzaldeen at his email address and provide:
- The position you wish to apply for.
- A short paragraph about why you wish to run for the position and why do you think you are qualified for it.
If you however don’t intend to apply for a position, you can still come to find out what the ICU Fairtrade Society is and what we do.
Furthermore, if you bave any immediate questions, feel free to make a reply to this post below or contact us privately via our society email address.